Restore rights and opportunities following arrest or conviction.

If you are done with your case you could get an expungement.

If you have completed informal or summary probation you can ask the court to:

  1. to set aside a guilty verdict, or
  2. to take back your guilty or no-contest plea, and
  3. dismiss the complaint.

There are some tricky rules that go along with the process. The DUI Crusher helps expunge my case.

For example, if you:

  1. Completed probation or probation was terminated early with court approval, and
  2. You are not currently serving a sentence, or on probation, or charged with any offense,
  3. Your petition for dismissal must be granted by the court.

On the other hand, you can’t get your case dismissed under Penal Code Section 1203.4 if your probation was terminated early because you were sent to prison for a probation  violation.

Also, you cannot get a dismissal under California Penal Code Section 1203.4 if you were convicted for anything in California Penal Code §1203.4(b).


Your court record is not “expunged” or “sealed” when your case gets dismissed under California Penal Code Section 1203.4. Your record is not “erased”, “destroyed” or “removed.” However, an extra entry, “dismissed,” is made on your record. Your record remains fully public.

Expungement and sealing laws restrict access to criminal records.

One of the great things about your getting your case dismissed this way is that a private employer may not ask you about any misdemeanor conviction dismissed under California Penal Code Section 1203.4.

Alleviate the stigma and discrimination that are produced by a criminal record.

Even though the law says you must be released from all “penalties and disabilities” resulting from the conviction.  There are numerous and substantial limitations, procedures are burdensome.  You should consult with us to get a clear idea.

Only a small percentage of those who are eligible for relief actually obtain it. Expungement petitions are frequently difficult, time-consuming, and expensive to prepare, especially without a lawyer.

Call (310) 578-6528 or contact the Law Office of Douglas C. Wicks aka DUI Crusher for a FREE CONSULTATION.